After you create a page, it must be published before site viewers can see it. You can specify the date when a published page becomes available, and you can also specify when a published page becomes unavailable. To schedule a page for publication, you need to approve permissions (permissions: The specific security settings that allow or restrict access to a given item, list, library, or site.)for the list or library that contains the page.
You can schedule the start date and the end date for a page by doing the following:
- Browse to the page that you want to schedule.
- Click the Publish tab on the ribbon.
- In the Publishing group, click the Schedule button.
- In the Schedule Page dialog box, you can set the following properties:
- Start Date
- If you want the page to be published now, click Immediately.
- If you want to schedule the publication for a future date, click On the following date, and then choose a date by clicking the calendar icon.
- You can also choose a specific time of day for publication to start by using the menus next to the calendar icon. If you choose a date but do not specify a time, midnight is used.
- End Date
- If you want the page to remain published indefinitely, click Never.
- If you have notification set up for your site, you can also specify an interval at which the Page Contact receives periodic reminders to check the page to ascertain that its content remains current and appropriate. To do this, select Send a content review request mail to the Page Contact every interval, and then specify an interval. The Page Contact receives a reminder to review the page each time the specified interval passes.
- If you want publication to end on a specific date, click On the following date, and then choose a date by clicking the calendar icon. You can also choose a specific time of day for publication to end by using the menus next to the calendar icon. If you choose a date but do not specify a time, midnight is used.
- If you choose for publication to end on a certain day, and you have notification set up for your site, you can also specify an interval at which the Page Contact receives a reminder that the publication end date is approaching. To do this, select Notify Page Contact, and then specify an interval. The Page Contact receives a reminder at
the specified interval before the publication end date.
- When you finish scheduling the page, at the bottom of the Schedule Page dialog box, click OK.
Note If a page has been published and has a publication end date that is in the past, you cannot change the properties of that page unless you change the publication end date so that it is not in the past. This is because you are creating a new minor version when you edit the properties of the page, and minor versions cannot be published.
Top of Page